Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Neverending project list

I've pulled out 2 more knitting projects to work on. Both were started last year and are about 60-75% done.

First off is a prayer shawl I'm knitting for our church's Prayer Shawl Ministry. I've completed 8 pattern repeats so far and think it will probably take 11 to 12 to finish. As is, it takes me about a half hour just to do one row since it increases each row.








Specifics:
Pattern: Alix's Lace Prayer Shawl by Myrna A.I. Stahman.
Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool - I love the subtle variegations in this yarn.
Needles: Size 4 Addi Turbo circulars







Also dug out of the project box is a pair of socks that are about 75% done.

Specifics:
Pattern: Loosely based on the Gentlemen's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern by by Nancy Bush. Found in Knitting Vintage Socks.
Yarn: Opal Handpainted color #13
Needles: Size 1 bamboo double points

I like the pattern and the yarn but have a hate/hate relationship with the colorway. The yarn has reds, browns, greens and golds and close up in the right light just makes my heart pitter-patter, BUT the yarn comes across muddy in most light and from a distance. I've tried about 4 patterns with this yarn only to frog the project because the colors pooled or just didn't fit the pattern. I finally decided to just knit it up and live with it.

Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: