Tuesday, January 08, 2008

First FO of 2008

My first finished object for 2008 is the Waving Lace socks for Joan:


Project details:
Pattern: Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn A. Clark. Found in Favorite Socks from Interweave.
Yarn: Regia Bamboo Color 1065. Purchased from Twisted Yarns in Spring Texas
Needles: Size 1 (2.25mm) bamboo
Size: Generous 7.5 US Womens
Notes: I knitted the socks exactly to pattern with the scalloped top. The pattern was easy to memorize after a couple of repeats and easy to knit. I would recommend!

Also progress has been made on the Mary's Own quilt:


The 16 blocks have been pieced together and the top is now 72x72". Since it is square and not large enough for a king bed, I have some decisions to make as to how to finish it out. I believe I'll add a plain border with 4 more pieced blocks as a pillow topper at the top of the quilt. I don't have enough of 2 of the fabrics (the darker brown being one of them) but I have other fabric that is 'close'. I'm going to go ahead and piece the additional blocks and then see how it looks.

till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I love the Mary's Own quilt. Makes me want to make a quilt out of the Ruthie-something block from a while ago.