Thursday, December 27, 2007

:::: Waving :::::

My current project: Waving Lace Sock

This is the sock that I promised to make Joan as part of the gift exchange with my church's small group. I took a bag of yarn to the party and allowed her to pick out what she wanted. She choose a pinkish Regia Bamboo sock yarn and left the pattern up to me. I had trouble selecting a pattern that would show against the busy-ness of the yarn.






(as always - click to embiggen)
Specifics:
Sock Pattern: Waving Lace Socks by Evelyn A. Clark. Found in Favorite Socks from Interweave.
Yarn: Regia Bamboo Color 1065
Needles: Size 1 (2.25mm) bamboo
So far, I've knit the sock as written with the scalloped edging. The yarn is lovely and has a nice sheen. It is a bit 'splitty' but not bad at all. I hope to have these completed by January 3rd.

till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

They are coming along nicely. I bet she is going to love them.