Wednesday, December 26, 2007

It was a Merry Christmas

A very blessed Christmas occurred in our home this year. With a frantic few days trying to get everything ready with very little time, it turned out to be a good time.

As I mentioned, we went to a Christmas dinner on Thursday 12/20 at a friend's house. This is a creche they had set up in their bedroom - I just love the innocence and the execution of the scene in clay.

For the gift exchange, I offered one gift of a Yankee Candle in the Jack Frost scent and also a certificate for one pair of hand knit socks. The socks were snatched up quickly! I received a most unusual and wonderful gift of a reindeer made from turkey wishbones and wool roving. I'll take a picture soon. I love it! The pies turned out OK - the lemon was a bit bland (need to add rind next time) but all was eaten.

Friday I spent getting the cards out and Saturday we went shopping and put up the tree. The cats approved and have since started the demolition :) Below is our lilac-point Birman, Tia, pretending to be a present.


Midnight candlelight mass was wonderful this year with spectacular music and fellowship. It is my favorite service of the year at church (Good Shepherd Episcopal, Tomball).

Christmas was very relaxed despite all the cooking. Brooke (my son's significant other) was ill and they delayed coming over until about 11am. This is the latest we have ever opened gifts as the kids usually are up at dawn wanting to tear into them. My son was so funny when he opened the unexpected helicopter toy - he was just like a child. It was all fun - I even got a Nintendo DS which was on my wish list. Got to love a son who shares your gadget-itis.

Dinner was fine with ham, sweet potatoes, and the required noo-noos and krinkies (Mac & Cheese with French fried onions). Heaven help me if I don't serve this every holiday!

I'm hoping you and your loved ones had a super holiday. I'm busy finishing a few knit projects and starting socks!

till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas. The best part is being able to get together with family and friends.