Thursday, July 20, 2006

What I bought on Vacation

Believe it or not - I've not unpacked the yarn I bought on vacation in June. I've kept it all in one bag so that I could take a picture for my blog before I stored it away in the storage drawers. So, now I can unpack!

This is what came home with me from OR/WA/CA:


Left to right, lower row:
-Cashmere! from Breezy Meadow Cashmere Farm in Bellingham, WA. Enough for a couple of scarfs in a natural brown.
-Baby Alpaca lace weight from Sporfarm in The Dallas, OR. Enough for a nice shawl in a variagated grey.
-Socks that Rock from Blue Moon Fiberarts 4 skeins - Rose Quarts in Med Wt, Lovers Leap in Lt Wt, Blue Brick Wall in Lt Wt, Rare Gems in Lt Wt. Yummm!
-Accessories - Crystal Palace bamboo dps, Sheep tape measures, stitch markers. (mostly for gifts)

second row:
Cascade 220 - red - found on sale and couldn't pass it up
Opal Lollipop sock yarn color 1016 rainbow colors
Meilenweit Multiringel sock yarn color 5030 - reds/greens/black
Sock Candy by Blue Moon Fiberarts - turquoise. 100% cotton sock yarn
Cap pattern with Fancy Image yarn in greens/browns
Blue Jeans cotton yarn - 3 skeins

I shopped at:
Fancy Image Yarn in Shelton, WA (blue jean yarn and hat kit)
The Yarn Corner in Aberdeen, WA (Opal and bag not pictured)
Coastal Yarn in Cannon Beach, OR (Sock Candy and Med wt STR)
The Wool Company in Bandon, OR (Meilenweite and Cascade)
Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, OR (everything else)

We also stopped at a couple of other yarn shops where I didn't purchase anything.

I'm overwhelmed at the amount of yarn I own. But that feeling only lasts a second :)

Till later ~~ Dene

3 comments:

aija said...

Wow, great vacation! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Dene --

Nice to meet you! I'm visiting from Amazing Lace, and admiring all your new purchases! You found some wonderful things.

How are your shawls coming along? They are so pretty, especially the pink mohair, which I'm partial to.

I hope your dad is doing better. I'm close to mine too, so I can only imagine how you feel.

lexa said...

Great haul!