Monday, July 24, 2006

Velvet Moon

I've been a member of the Socks That Rock sock club since the beginning and have finished the first 2 projects offered. I have to admit, that I like the lightweight yarn that they offer for socks but I'm not too wild about the medium weight.

The second project, Rock 'n Weave, was sent with some medium weight STR in a color called Fairgrounds. Think cotton candy, bright banners, whirling colors. It is a nice but I have so many 'pinkish' socks that I decided to switch yarns. I had a skein of a color called Velvet Moon already in balls so I used that instead of the Fairgrounds. I think the sock turned out nice but I also know it will not be one of my favorites. It is a bit heavy weight and doesn't flatter my thick ankles. But was a fun knit and that counts.

This month's socks is an anklet in a pattern that sort of reminds me of interlac, but isn't. I've not cast on yet because I already have on the sock needles:
1) Trekking socks
2) Lattice socks
3) Opal Brazil socks
4) Sock Candy dragon socks
5) Opal Masterpiece socks

Not that I don't have more needles.... but maybe I should finish up some of these projects first :)

Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: