Sunday, January 08, 2006

Trucking along

A nice Sunday around here today. I enjoyed a morning at church and started a new class on Healing Prayer. Then a nice nap in the afternoon. Then .. well, work. Every 6 weeks or so, I have to work on Sunday afternoon. It is nice that it isn't every week, so I don't mind rotating in occasionally. Luckily, it is a bit slow so I might have a few moments here and there for my own things (like this blog).

Progress on the Renaissance Pullover:



As you can see, it is trucking along nicely. I'm not the fastest knitter so was pleased to get this much done.

I keep seeing new projects that I'd like to start. What is this? January 9th and I'm already seeing weakness in my resolutions to get projects done.. LOL.

Yesterday, I worked on a quilt that I stated about a year ago. It was originally a charity quilt and I got the top pieced but didn't get the border on. Since the remodel took my sewing room out for a long period, I never got back to this quilt. I found out late this week that a dear friend's husband may have cancer. I decided to finish up this quilt in case I needed to send it to him as a Love Quilt. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

Oh! West Wing is on!

Till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am sooo in awe of you folks who knit sweaters! I've only finished one for myself, and will probably never attempt another. I'm great at starting big projects, but terrible at finishing, so socks are perfect for me. Thanks for the kind words about the Jaywalkers. It's an easy pattern, and great for hand-dyed yarn.