Friday, January 06, 2006

FLAK swatches

Well, the FLAK swatch is done and blocked and I'm pretty happy with the results.


Here is a close up of the Baby Honeycomb showing the difference between using a cable needle and not. The bottom ones made with a cable needle are much crisper.



I had the ball winder out so I decided to wind some of the Elann Peruvian Highland wool so I'd have it when the knit-along started. I was very disappointed in the number of knots. I wound 7 - 50g skeins and ended up with a knot in every single skein except one. 2 skeins had 2 knots each. I ended up with 17 balls of yarn, some very small. I should have expected this when I ran into a knot on the very first skein. I won't be buying this yarn again :(

On the other hand, I would 3 skeins of Classic Elite Renaissance and I only had 1 knot and it was towards the end of one skein. That is the first knot I've come across in the 8 skeins I've used of this yarn. I will be buying this yarn again :)

till later ~~Dene

2 comments:

Jenny Raye said...

Hey Dene, You're right, the honeycomb with the needle is much more defined.

BTW--your swatch is beautiful! Love the color. I like the way your wave turned out much better than mine. Since the wave wasn't working for me I switched it out for a two ply braid.

fleecyknits said...

Your swatch looks great! One of my skeins of Peruvian Wool had 2 knots which annoyed me too.