Monday, January 02, 2006

A is for Araucania




One of my current favorite yarns. This is a lovely cranberry color with a slight varigation that gives the yarn interest and depth. I have enough for a sweater but not sure of the pattern I want to use yet.

As promised, here is the progress on the One-Who-married-The-Daughter's socks.



The pattern is my own with a cast on of 64 stitches on a size 2 Brittany Birch needles. The yarn is Mountain Color's Bearfoot in Granite Peak colorway. No time line on this pair of socks but I hope to have them done soon.

Today I'm also swatching the cables for the FLAK knit-along. I think I will love this sweater but can't decide if I want a pull-over or a cardigan. Living in Texas, I am leaning towards a cardigan. I'll post a picture tomorrow.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's wrap up of their projects over the past year. I don't think I'll try and count but I know there were quite a few socks in there. 3 pairs were gifted at Christmas and I have a few more in the gift sack that are unclaimed. I've not kept my web site up-to-date and that is on my list of things to do this year.

Also, I need to learn to put buttons on my blog. I tried but couldn't get them to look right on all 3 of the platforms that I use (PC Mozilla, PC IE, Mac Safari). I'll keep diddling with the HTML unless someone can guide me to a source code :)

Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: