Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Scarf has a Name

Thanks to Talitha, I now remember the name of the scarf and can give the pattern author due credit. "My So Called Scarf" is from Sheep in the City's blog. It is a wonderfully fast and easy scarf with visual interest and it doesn't curl like many of the others I've done.

I did make one modification to the pattern. On the knit rows, I used yarn-overs instead of knitting into the back of the slipped stitch. Came out exactly the same but sped up my knitting. The pattern for row1 I used was:

Row 1: K1, Slip 1, K1, YO, PSSO
Row 2 was the same.

I've finished my swatch for the FLAK and it came out nice. Yarn is Peruvian Highland Wool on size 6 Addi Turbo circulars. The first two-thirds of the swatch was done on bamboo straight needles and then I realized I needed circulars for the project. So I switched over and even though the Addi's are 0.25mm smaller, the gauge came out the same. I knit looser on metal needles. The sample is unblocked.



I did notice one thing, on the baby honeycomb cable if I tried to do the crossovers without a cable needle, then they came out muddled and less defined. If I use the cable needle, they are crisper. The top 2 of these cables in the picture were done without the extra needle.

Till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Very pretty yarn for your FLAK.

That looks a lot like my swatch except mine is Antique Rose. Nice job on the cables.

Now I'm going to go take a closer look at my baby honeycomb that I've been knitting with a cable needle and see if they could be crisper.