Saturday, January 12, 2008

Still digging out the UFOs

Another project started last year and now finished! I present:

Ringwood Pattern sock

Details:
Pattern: Pattern: Loosely based on the Gentlemen's Half Hose in Ringwood Pattern by Nancy Bush. Found in Knitting Vintage Socks.
Yarn: Opal Handpainted color #13
Needles: Size 1 bamboo double points
Started: sometime in 2007, finished 1/11/2008

I love the pattern, I love the yarn but hate the color. The red/greens/golds and browns in this yarn appear 'muddy' except in certain light. I'm glad these are done and out of my UFO pile.



I rummaged around in the UFO box and dug out the next pair of socks to work on. I give you:

The Not Inside Out! socks.

Pattern: Inside Out! by Kaci Kyler Hays. This pattern was part of the Rockin' Sock Club that was offered by Blue Moon Fiber Arts.
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Medium Weight. Color Lagoon
Needles: foot on size 1 and cuff on size 2 US

I liked the pattern until I hit the cuff and all the cables. This pulled the cuff in so much that I could not get the cuff over my heel. If I moved up to a size 3 needle, I lost the stripes and got horrible color pooling. So I ripped back to the heel and moved to a size 2 needle with a straight k2 p1 rib.

I hate the color btw which is why they have been languishing in my UFO pile. I just need to knit the second sock to finish this pair out.


I also pulled out a newborn sweater that just lacks sleeves. I'll post project details soon.

till later ~~ Dene

No comments: