Monday, December 31, 2007

Making progress

Seems I'm making some progress in certain areas that had been woefully neglected in the recent past. Getting things organized is creating some sense of order and well-being that I've missed. Good way to end this year and start a new one!

Up first is an update on the Waving Lace Sock. I've finished the first sock and have cast on for the second. These may or may not be ready for the recipient to take these home on Thursday - I'm not making any promises.

Notice the project list over there <----- on the left? Well, the next project isn't anywhere on the list. I looked at all the quilting projects in the baskets on my shelves and decided I felt like piecing something that was already started but put on the back burner. So I grabbed one of the bins containing UFOs and found "Mary's Own".


I had started piecing this quilt several years ago (2004?) but only had 2 blocks done and only part of the others cut. I had run out of one of the fabrics and the quilt shop had to order more. By the time it came in, I had lost interest in the project and had put it aside. I know you can't see much of it from the picture - those are my strips ready to pieced together. The quilt was designed and named for me by Marcia Hohn over at Quilters Cache. I'm a pattern tester for her and she knew I loved neutrals. Thus this pattern was born. Check out my blocks from the link on the second page of the pattern.

One of the items I insisted on having when I moved up to the attic room was a design wall. Mine is a 4' x 6' piece of wall foam insulation covered with a flannel sheet. This is what is pasted on it today:


More UFOs! Not that I'll do any of these any time soon, but it is better than an empty wall. From left to right -
- Blue/Yellow star design that was the product of a class at Houston Quilt Festival 3 or 4 years ago. I can't remember the instructor - that is how forgettable this class was!
- Tessellating Star quilt top from a class with Liz Porter of Fons and Porter also from 3 or 4 years ago. The top is done, just needs quilting but I didn't know what pattern I wanted to use. So staring at this for a couple of weeks has given me time to decide how I want to quilt the top.
- Accidental Landscape - Beaches - small wall hanging from a Houston Quilt Festival class this year with Karen Eckmeier. I also know how I want to quilt it, but just have to do it :)

I've also been cataloging my yarn stash over on Ravelry. Since the site is still in private beta, you can't seen the fruits of my efforts unless you are a member. Suffice it to say that I have so far yarn for 98 pairs of socks and I'm not even done cataloging them yet! If you are a member, look me up under Denebir.

Till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Such pretty quilts. I think the yellow and blue is my favorite. I have a thing for yellow and blue together.