Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Are you bored yet?"

This was a question a co-worker asked me 10 minutes after I signed off from my job for the last time this afternoon. I'm still giggling and also tearing up. This was a hard decision and I'm still not 100% convinced it was the right one. After you have been with a company for over 9 years, it is just hard.

As I enter unemployment/retirement, I don't know what is ahead of me. For the first time in many, many years, I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. Well, I sort of - I need to get Christmas packages sent, make pies for a party tomorrow night and do some housework (watch out cats - that litter box is going to be scrubbed!). But the pressure of effecting the bottom line of a company is now off my shoulders and that sort of feels good.

So, here is to waking up at whatever time I want to tomorrow! No more client calls at 7:30am :) Wait - I have morning prayer at 7:30am - *sigh*

till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

~Tonia~ said...

Oh I am sure you will find things to fill your time. I felt the same way when I quit work to stay home, but now I wish that there were more hours in the day. LOL