Friday, April 28, 2006

Home again, Home again, Jiggedy-jigg

I'm back from California - again. After 16 days, I arrived home on Wednesday evening and was met with eager pets and husband. It is truly good to be home :)

I'm going to try and catch up with all my posting this weekend. One post at a time LOL.

I mailed off my baby socks for the Longest Line charity drive yesterday. I wanted to make 40 pairs - one for each day of Lent. I made it to 31 . Not too bad. Here are the new ones since the last picture (minus two stray pairs):


And here is a picture of 30 total. I had one stray sock that I just couldn't find the mate to and didn't remember knitting it. So I packed up the 30 and off to the post office I went.


I had no more gotten out of the driveway when I reached for my sunglasses and there was the missing sock attached to the velcro of my glasses case. So I dashed back in and got it into the package.


I'm glad to have this project complete so that now I can concentrate on my Sockapaloooza socks. I once again changed the pattern but love what I'm doing now and should be able to finish them tomorrow. I'll post pictures then.

till later ~~ Dene

3 comments:

tatt3r said...

Congratulations on knitting so many baby socks! They look wonderful. Just think of how many baby toes we are keeping warm.

Emma said...

The baby socks are adorable! What a generous thing to do.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute.