Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flashing my stash - Finis

*whew* I survived the loft! Continuing on:

Bin 6: Peace Fleece worseted wool in Artic White. 30% Mohair/70% wool. 10 skeins of it :) Future sweater or vest.


Add to count: 1 sweater





Bin 7: Wool. The natural is some homespun from "Bailey" one of my friend's sheep. The 4 skeins are Mountain Color's Weaver's Wool Quarters. And buried in the upper left is a skein of Mountain Color's Worsted in forest green. I have a Clapotis made out of this stuff that I want to frog so there is a lot more of it.

Add to count: 4 socks and a bunch of Miscellaneous.



Bin 8: Assorted wool. This is my 'buy one skein to test it out' bin. As you can see, I've not knitted much from it. Left to right: Louet Sales Gems Topaz in Red; 4 skeins of Brown Sheep Nature Spun sports weight in grey; Araucania Nature Wool in forest (I have another partial skein). Top middle is Cascade 220 in navy; below that is Nashua Julia in natural; top right is Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL Alpaca/Wool in cranberry; and buried in the lower right is a skein of lace weight black wool that I'll be selling soon.
Add to count: felted socks and bunches of miscellaneous!

Not in a bin but Lot 9: 20 skeins of Tivoli Wool Aran straight from the Emerald Isle. My daughter brought me this from Ireland and I wish I could find more. There isn't much on a skein.

Add to the count: 1 sweater.




Bin 10: Assored sock yarn. 6 skeins of Froehlich Special Blaudand. A skein of Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in blues/purples/green (lovely stuff!). And 4 skeins of Brown Sheep Wildfoote in Rhapsody and Brilliant Bouquet.

Add to count: 6 pairs of socks.



Bin 11: More socks!
The top row are all Fortissima Cottolana and although I didn't show it, I have 2 of each. The rest of the bin are all Regia sock yarn.

Add to the count: 10 pairs of socks.




Lot 12: 20 skeins of Noro Silk Garden. I had this big plan to make several Clapotis' for presents .. till I made the first one and hated the design! So, the bag on the right is going to be listed for sale soon was sold here!

Add to the count: Unknown project - possibly a shawl.


And the Finis!
Bin 13: the leftovers.
Top left are 2 skeins of Sisu from Norway - will make a pair of socks. Below that is a started Jaywalkers in Socks that Rock. Top right are 3 skeins of Misti Alpaca Lace weight for a stole. The bottom right is my latest present from my Secret Pal 7, a huge 200g of Iron Pot Carding Montage mohair from New Zealand.

Add to the count: 2 pairs of socks, one shawl, and one unknown project.

Total count - Enough yarn for:
~ 91 pairs of socks (not counting 4 I already have started)
~ 7 Sweaters
~ 7+ Shawls
~ and a bunch of hats, mittens, and miscellaneous!

I'm getting a hot flash ~~

UPDATE - I forgot the Fixation cotton/lycra in the bedroom. Add 5 more pairs of socks!

Till later ~~ Dene

2 comments:

ec said...

Impressive! So much Silk Garden, mmm....
^_^

Anonymous said...

Is that all you have??? Just joken, I came across your blog and thought I would check it out. Enjoyed it and enjoyed seeing YOUR yarn store lol. Nice blog