Thursday, March 30, 2006

E is for ...



The Episcopal Church


My church family is a very important part of my life and I’m dedicating the letter E to Church of the Good Shepherd Anglican/Episcopal Church in Tomball, Texas. I became part of this family last September and I strongly believe that God has a plan for my life. What it is, I’m not sure yet .. LOL. We are participating in Rick Warren’s 40 Days of Purpose series so we will see what things I can get into.


I became Episcopalian in 1979 when my Mother-in-law drove me crazy enough that I escaped to church one Sunday just to get away. This was All Saints Episcopal in Baytown, Texas and my daughter was just 4 months old. We baptized her later that year on All Saints Day and my son was also baptized there 3 years later. Unfortunately, that church no longer exists which tears at my heart. We changed churches when we moved to Houston in 1984.

Good Shepherd has welcomed us whole heartedly and we have made many friends. I spent part of last weekend on a women’s retreat and it was just glorious. Beautiful cool weather, ranch B&B with a neat cabin, and bluebonnets blooming everywhere. It was great to get away and enjoy God’s majesty.

Till Later ~~ Dene

No comments: