Thursday, February 09, 2006

Olympics Training

My training is over .. I’m ready for the opening ceremonies tomorrow for the Knitting Olympics! I’m still on the lace team but have changed my project so that I’ll have a chance of finishing. Since I’m not at home, some modification had to be made.

Instead of a Pi shawl, I’m doing the Print O’ The Wave Stole by Eunny Jang. I’m using a black lace weight wool yarn that I found on eBay. This is what my swatch looks like on size 3 needles .. I’m going up a size for the real garment.





I wasn’t able to ‘severely block’ my swatch since I have no straight pins here. But I did wet it and stretched it out a bit. I think I like the results.

So, now to wait for 2pm to cast on .. wait.. I’m picking up a kid from school at that time! Can I knit and drive? Nawww

Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: