Thursday, December 08, 2005

Camera Blues

I hate my digital camera. I have a Kodak 4800 ancient camera that is on it's last leg. It was a great camera but no more.

So, in the interim, I will resort to the scanner. At least until The Hubby returns from Russia with the good camera :) So good pictures when he is home, bad pictures when he isn't.



This is my gauge test for the FLAK Knitalong . The yarn is Peruvian Collection Highland Wool that I bought from Elann. The yarn is wonderful but I'm not getting the gauge that I desire. This swatch was done on US Size 5 needles and I'm getting the needed 22 stitches/4" but I'm only getting 24 rows/4". It should be 28 rows. I'm not sure what to do at this point but I also have a skein of Cascade 220 that I'm playing around with. If that gauge swatch comes out on target, then I might switch yarns.

I love the color of the Highland Wool. It is a purple heather and is just lovely. the fabric is also lovely being soft and drape-y. The Cascade is firmer. Decisions.. Decisions.

I am also back on track on the socks for The-One-who-married-the-daughter. It is my own pattern and I'm trying to come up with a name. I'm thinking of calling them the "Double A" socks since his name starts with two A's. It is a basic sock with a diamond panel running up each side. I'll post a picture once I have this camera thing figured out.

~~ till later ~~~ Dene

No comments: