Friday, February 26, 2010

Change of directions

Long time since I've posted! Wow lots of things have changed ... all for the better. So what is going on you ask?

-I'm still knitting a little. I always have a sock on the needles and now I have a couple of sweaters also. I find it a good activity while watching TV. But since I don't watch TV much anymore, the activity gets little attention. Except during the Olympics!

-I'm still quilting a little. I'm in the process of gutting my sewing/office so that the floor can be replaced. Once that is done I'll be rearranging things and moving the mid-arm machine and frame out to the loft so that I can set it up to the full 12 feet instead of the 8 feet it currently is set for. This will give me more room in the sewing portion of my studio to actually sew and more room in the office section.

-I'm quitting my job at the end of March. I've loved working for the Bernina dealership but I've got a new direction I'm heading and working just doesn't fit into the path. I will miss my friends and customers but not having to be at the shop all the time. I might work fill-in and teach a few classes.

-I'm going back to school. Details to follow but I'm certain that school is in my future for the next 18 mos to 2 years. This will be an interesting path as I've not taken any college classes in 15 years and graduate level classes in over 30 years. And the degree path is so different from my science background. I'm not sure I can remember how to write book reports and in-depth papers! But I will have help .. LOL.

So, I'll keep you guessing as to what I'm up to for now. I can say that this has been a decision that has taken a lot of discernment and listening to the Lord. I'm excited and scared but at peace with the decision. God is calling me to serve Him and His people and I can't ignore Him anymore.

till later ~~ Dene

No comments: