I've been working hard on getting 2 quilts done for babies that are now 8 and 6 months old. I won't talk about the one that is 2 1/2 years old and still doesn't have her quilt. All it lacks is some handwork to tack down the binding.
Anyway, I finished up piecing the 2 tops while waiting on this:
And after they both were pieced, I marked the blocks for embroidery. I need the chalk lines to be able to center the designs in the embroidery hoop - not an easy process since the tops will already have the batting in place.
Oh, and why wait on the box? Inside was the thread I needed to do the embroidery. Behold the lusciousness of thread (all you non-sewers can be excused now).
After 3 days of embroidery, I have the Sunbonnet Sue's embroidered in place and the top is ready to back and do the quilting. (click to embiggen)
And I've started on the calico dog quilt - the sample motif is pinned over the top to give me an idea of what it will look like. At the time I was taking pictures, I hadn't started the actual embroidery but now have 5 done. More pictures later.
And yes, I know it was suppose to be the gingham dog (vs. calico cat) but I don't have any gingham scraps and I'm trying hard not to buy extra fabric. So the kid will be scarred for life for having calico dogs :) I love the 30's reproduction fabric and these projects have reduced my stash of this type of fabric by a little over half. I still have 2 more quilts to make using this fabric.
I'm trying to get all my embroidery out of the way so that I can take my machine in for an overdue spa treatment and firmware update at my Bernina dealer later this week. I'm heading up to Dallas on Thursday to attend the Dallas Quilt show so wanted to have the machine in before I leave. I can do the quilting part on my backup machine.
Till later ~~ Dene