Saturday, January 19, 2008

Up next

The last pair of socks that are on the needles are the Savannah socks. I've started several different socks using this yarn until I finally settled on this pair. The cuff is very stretchy with the lace ribbing. I continued ribbing down the instep for better fit.

(as always - click to embiggen)
Project details:
Pattern: Savannah Socks by Lisa Parker. Published by Wildhorse Farm Designs
Yarn: Opal Uni in turquoise
Needles: size 1 bamboo double pointed.

After this pair is done, then I can do some stash diving to find the next pair. It will be nice not to have any UFO socks. Not that I don't have plenty of UFOs, though! I'm also working on some sweaters and lace projects.

Last night, I set up the embroidery module on my Bernina 730 and stitched out this appliqué:
This is a test stitch-out - I've never machine appliquéd with this machine before. I learned several things with this including the need to use spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the stabilizer. Also, heavier stabilizer will be needed to keep the stitches from shifting (see issue with boy's sleeve). I have 12 files to do all 12 months of sunbonnet kids (this was February obviously). I hope to do a quilt for my grand-niece.

Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: