Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day

Flag quilt - more here

This is the first Memorial Day since my Dad passed in February. He was a member of the U.S. Army and served in WWII. He didn't talk much about the war and his time over there but I know it had a dramatic impact on his life. He married my mother shortly before he deployed overseas and I have a picture of him looking at her picture while in Europe. By God's grace, the one time my Dad volunteered for an unknown duty it was the best job he could have been given. My Dad drove Jeeps during the war and was one of the safer options given that he was often on the front lines in Germany and France. Dad kept up with his Army family over the years and even went to some reunions later in his life.

On today, I remember my Father and the service he performed, not as a duty to his country but as a honor to serve to keep us all free.


Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: