Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sock Kit swap

Update for theKnit Sock Kit Swap - I finished my pal's bag a while back and had it felted - I just finished putting the straps on today. Here are the before and after felting images:















Pattern: Booga Bag from Black Sheep Bags
Yarn: Noro Kureyon Color 159 - 3 skeins. Purchased from Twisted Yarns in Spring, TX
Needles: Size 10.5 Denise circulars
Love rating: 6 <3's

The pattern is cute and the directions were really nice. I found out that I don't love felting which is OK. I'm glad I tried it.

Included in the bag is:
Socks that Rock medium wt in the color Rose Quartz. Purchased at Coastal Yarn in Cannon Beach, OR.
Needles: Crystal Palace 6" bamboo DP's in size 1; Brittany Birch in size 2
Chibi
Lantern Moon sheep tape measure
Keychain Sock Blocker with sock directions
Sample of Soak Wool Wash in flora scent
Copy of Here There Be Dragons sock pattern. I finished this pattern recently and just loved it so I bought another copy to send to my pal. The upscale socks should be perfect for the medium weight STR.
Plus some eatible goodies :)

I hope she enjoys it.

Till later ~~ Dene

4 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful bag of goodies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely job on the Booga Bag - I've never been able to bring myself to felt Noro. And the stuffings are delicious.

aija said...

What a fabulous kit! You're a great pal :)

Maureen said...

Wow! That booga bag came out great. Your pal will love it! I have been thiking about making this bag all summer, but I am trying to be on a yarn diet for the rest of the summer. SO far so good. Great job on your bag!