Thursday, August 03, 2006

Dragon sighting

First off, WELCOME to everyong coming over from the Harlot's blog. I'm blown away that I was mentioned - thanks Stephanie!!

I have fallen head-over-heels in love with a sock pattern. Check out Theresa's Here There Be Dragons Socks. I did the upscale version and loved it so much that I cast on a second pair before I even finished the first. (click for larger)


Details: Here There Be Dragons Socks - Upscale Version
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sock Candy - color Sapphire
Needles: Size 2 bamboo DPN
Love Rating: 9 <3's

The only thing I didn't love about the sock was the 'stretchy-ness' of the yarn. The 100% cotton just doesn't stretch and I knew that to start with. They fit snug but I can get them over my heel so that is a big plus. I started another pair with Cascade Fixation hoping to solve that problem. I also added a garter stitch cuff to the top to help with the curling. I think they will be a super pair also :)
Even Nikki (mother Birman) likes them cause they match her eyes.


till later ~~ Dene

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Love!!!! The dragon socks! They are great in both colors! Of course the blue ones would match my eyes too! :P)