Monday, June 19, 2006

Live from Vacation!

I'm currently on vacation in the Pacific NW and having a blast! We have seen more amazing nature and generally have been having a great time (not going to mention the day I had to spend in bed with stomach flu).

I've been knitting - finished a pair of socks and am working on my Trek-along-with-me socks. So far, I have pictures of my socks enjoing the mountains, waterfalls, temperate rainforest, and the beach. I'll post once I have time :)

I've also joined the Knit Socks Kit Swap. I'll get the button up soon! Anyway - here are my answers to

The Questionnaire:

What are your favorite colors? Blues, reds, brights or pastels, fall colors (except orange). Not fond of greens or yellows.

Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? I've been knitting over 45 years and have been knitting socks for more than 3 years.

Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I love either. Not fond of jacquards.

What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? natural fibers - wools, alpaca, cotton

Where do you usually knit socks? anywhere I can! mostly in my easy chair or watching TV

How do you usually carry/store small projects? Yes - I just bought a nylon bag to carry my small projects. I have a lot of projects in zippered plastic bags.

What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? challenging patterns that won't loose my interest

What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? lace, cables, most anything except fair isle

What new techniques would you like to try? maybe I need to try fair isle .. LOL!

Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? Double points. I've done magic loop also but prefer the bamboo dpns

What are some of your favorite yarns? Opal, Lorna Laces, Socks that Rocks, Mtn Colors Bearfoot. Fingering weight as opposed to DK since I live in the south.

What yarn do you totally covet? Shaeffer Anne

Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? not really

Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Bamboo dpns.

If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I would be Sockotta - a blend of cotton, wool and nylon. Cool in the summer but tough wearing.

Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Caramel and chocolate

What’s your favorite animal? Cats, dogs, horses, etc. I'm a former Veterinary Technician and also raised and showed Birman cats.

Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? yes - 4 retired show cats, a barn cat and a dog - Birman/Star/8 yrs; Birman/Nicki/8 yrs; Birman/Andi/5 yrs. Birman/Tia/5 yrs. Tia and Andi are Nicki's kits. Domestic Short Hair/orange tabby/Tweety. Dog - Greyhound/Basinji mix/Curley/11 years

If you were a color what color would you be? blue

Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. my husband's snap up plaid shirt .. because I can rip it off quick (we have been married 31 years .. get your mind out of the gutter LOL)

What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Snow covered mountains. Reminds me of the magesty of God.

Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. "Sanity is overrated"

Do you have a wishlist? on Amazon here

Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? I love to be surprised!


Till later ~~ Dene

No comments: